From 2017 to 2021 the GO FAIR governance structure was determined by the expressed needs of the GO FAIR Implementation Networks (IN) and the participating member states (MS). The governance structure back then was developed by the founding member states: France, Germany and the Netherlands. It consisted of three governance bodies:
- The Steering Committee (SC)
- The Stakeholder Forum (SF)
- The Executive Board (EB)
which were supported by the GO FAIR International Support and Coordination Office (GFISCO) and the National Support Offices.
How were the governance bodies constituted?
- The Stakeholder Forum consisted of the IN coordinators.
- The members of the Executive Board were proposed by the Stakeholder Forum. The EB members then elected an EB Chair and a Vice Chair. The composition of the EB needed to be approved by the Steering Committee.
- The GO FAIR Steering Committee consisted of two representatives of each of the member states.