The activities of the GO FAIR Implementation Networks are organized into three broad Pillars;
GO BUILD, focus on FAIR technology;
GO CHANGE, focus on priorities, policies and incentives for implementing FAIR;
GO TRAIN, focus on FAIR awareness and skills development training.
One of GO FAIR’s main objectives is the emergence of the Internet of FAIR Data and Services (IFDS). Based on the FAIR data principles, the Internet of FAIR Data and Services is envisioned as a global infrastructure to allow the seamless integration of data, tools and computing capacity.
This challenge requires, among others, the support and coordination of communities to design, develop and deploy the required technology elements of this infrastructure. In GO FAIR, this technology support and coordination role is the responsibility of GO BUILD.
GO FAIR’s International Office provides a range of support and coordination activities for GO BUILD Implementation Networks and other communities on their way to achieving FAIR implementations.
These coordination activities may include:
- Advising in development of new GO BUILD-related INs, including finalizing manifestos;
- Identifying overlaps/synergies between IN applicants;
- communication regarding similar or related efforts in other communities;
- decision support in choosing standards;
- making other technology choices.