On 15 October 2020 the European Commission and EOSC Executive Board published a new EU publication, “Six Recommendations for implementation of FAIR practice” by the FAIR in practice task force of the European open science cloud FAIR working group.
In this report the state of FAIR practices within various research communities and FAIR policies in different countries are analysed, and six practical recommendations on how FAIR can be turned into practice are given:
- Fund awareness-raising, training, education and community-specific support
- Fund development, adoption and maintenance of community standards, tools and infrastructure
- Incentivise development of community governance
- Translate FAIR guidelines for other digital objects
- Reward and recognise improvements of FAIR practice
- Develop and monitor adequate policies for FAIR data and research objects.
Visit the website of the Publications Office of the European Union to read and download the report.