The European Commission published the final actionable recommendations of the Open Science Policy Platform (OSPP, a High Level Advisory Group established by the Commission to advise on the development of Open Science in Europe) on May 29, 2018.
These eight recommendations, which focus on publicly funded research, have been split up into eight priorities that were identified from the European Open Science Agenda:
- Rewards and Incentives
- Research Indicators and Next-Generation Metrics
- Future of Scholarly Communication
- European Open Science Cloud
- FAIR Data
- Research Integrity
- Skills and Education
- Citizen Science
OSPP’s recommendation on FAIR data is as follows:
- FAIR data that results from research work should be given credit by funders and research performing organisations.
- Output Management Plans should be machine-readable and mandatory for all research projects.
- Publicly funded research data must be made FAIR and citable.