Dear GO FAIR community,
We are happy to announce that GO FAIR together with CODATA, RDA and WDS – collectively referred to as Data Together – jointly committed to work on optimising the global research data ecosystem to support cross-geographical and cross-disciplinary open science. CODATA and RDA are spearheading two recent initiatives to develop two open research infrastructures that aim at servicing the new reality of data-driven science: CODATA’s Global Open Science Cloud and RDA’s Global Open Research Commons (in collaboration with the WDS). These initiatives came out of a series of meetings held, amongst others, at our FAIR Convergence Symposium Read the full statement.
Registration for the FAIR Festival 2021 on 21-23 June 2021 will open soon. Stay tuned. We are looking forward to three days filled with the FAIR spirit that propels our community to exchanges around FAIR and sessions to dive into FAIR practices. Our plenary sessions will all revolve around the question: Where will the journey go from here? We hope to see you there.
All the best,
Laurent Crouzet, Barend Mons & Klaus Tochtermann
Strategic Directors, GO FAIR Initiative
Did you know… GO Read
In this section you will learn about Implementation Networks that have recently acquired “active” status, recent IN activities and opportunities. This way, we ensure that you always stay on top of things happening in the “GO FAIR” family.
Reports from internal events
GO UNI becomes GO UNITE! Curious about this change of name? Learn more and discover how to get involved!
- Data Together commits to fostering cooperation among Open Science platforms and support CODATA’s Global Open Science Cloud (GOSC) and RDA’s Global Open Research Commons (GORC).
IOS Press featured Jan Velterop & Erik Schultes’ paper on launching an Academic Publishers’ GO FAIR Implementation Network on their new IOS Press Labs platform.
- Call for Papers: Submit your paper for the 3rd Workshop on Conceptual Modeling, Ontologies and (Meta)data Management for FAIR Data (CMOMM4FAIR) by 16 June 2021.
Interesting reads from the INs
- The GAIA Data IN recommends:
- Two presentations of a workshop on Virtual Research Environment and FAIR data held on 23-24 March 2021 (in French)
- Use case in the framework of the EOSC-Pillar project: “Agile FAIR Data for Environment and Earth System Communities”
- The US GO FAIR office suggests reading the article “Balancing the needs of consumers and producers for scientific data collections” by Deborah A. Agarwal et al. It inspired the Data Citation Community of Practice workshop on 8 April 2021.
- VODAN AFRICA celebrates its one year anniversary. Congratulations! Obinna Osigwe takes you on their journey from the beginning until now.
This section gives you an overview of conferences and workshops where you can meet up (virtually) with fellow GO FAIR members if you happen to attend the same event or are in the same town. In order for this category to work we do need your help! Please drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us where you can be met in the future.
- 15-17 June 2021, virtual: Meet Christine, Melissa, and Nancy at the EarthCube Annual Meeting. Highlights include FAIR in the Geosciences, Notebooks: Papers of the Future.
- 26-30 July 2021, virtual: Say hi to Christine at the FSCI 2021 / FAIR Data in the Scholarly Communications Life Cycle.
- 6-10 September 2021, virtual: Meet Chris in the session on Digital Research Data at OAI12 – The Geneva Workshop on Innovations in Scholarly Communication.
- 24-25 October 2021, virtual: Say hello to Chris and Melissa at the 2nd Workshop on Data and research objects management for Linked Open Science at the 20th International Semantic Web Conference.
- 18-21 October 2021, St. John’s, NL (Canada): Meet Luiz and João at the 3rd Workshop on Conceptual Modeling, Ontologies and (Meta)data Management for FAIR Data (CMOMM4FAIR).
- 07 July 2021, virtual: GO UNITE! workshop (in German)
- 16 June 2021, virtual: The US GO FAIR office will host a webinar on FAIR workflows.
- 21-23 June 2021, virtual: FAIR Festival 2021: Stay tuned for more information and registration.
People of GO FAIR
In this section we would like to introduce you to members of our GO FAIR family. In each newsletter we will provide you with a short profile of two GO FAIR members.
National office representatives: Introducing the GO FAIR French office
Meet the team members of GO FAIR France: Laurent Crouzet and Xavier Engels
Dr Xavier Engels currently is head of the FAIR Data division within the “Digital Services and Infrastructures” Department at the General Directorate for Research and Innovation of the French Ministry for Higher Education, Research and Innovation.
With a PhD in political sociology, Xavier Engels has been both a researcher and a project manager for over two decades. He spent several years within the French funding agency (ANR) dealing with international programmes before joining the Ministry.
Since 2017, he has focused on Data-driven science, and has been part of the GO FAIR office since 2018.
How can I subscribe to the newsletter?
You can easily subscribe to our newsletter by completing this sign-up form: https://www.go-fair.org/mailing-list-subscribe/
How can I unsubscribe if I no longer wish to receive this newsletter?
You can unsubscribe from our newsletter by filling out this form: https://www.go-fair.org/mailing-list-unsubscribe/