In 2017, the three countries Germany, the Netherlands and France joined forces and established the GO FAIR International Support and Coordination Office (GFISCO) with three offices across Europe. The German GO FAIR Support and Coordination Office is hosted by the ZBW – Leibniz Information Centre for Economics in Hamburg. In this role, the GO FAIR Germany Office is dedicated to inform, connect and engage about the FAIR principles in Germany, Europe and beyond.
The German GO FAIR Office is funded by Germany’s Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF).
ZBW – Leibniz Information Centre for Economics
GO FAIR International Support and Coordination Office (GFISCO)
Prof Dr Klaus Tochtermann – Strategic Director GFISCO
Anja Busch – Advisor
Catharina Wasner – Advisor (national)
Silvia Wissel – Advisor
Katharina Kriegel – International PR Coordinator
Main focus & activities
The GO FAIR Office in Germany is dedicated to the following activities:
- Contact and information point on FAIR principles & the GO FAIR initiative;
- Support of Implementation Networks (INs);
- Coordination of IN activities in particular cross cutting issues;
- Dissemination of IN outcomes, solutions and best practices;
- Organisation of workshops in all pillars: GO TRAIN, GO CHANGE, GO BUILD;
- Monitoring RDM landscape (f. ex. initiatives, projects, etc.);
- Support for Governance activities of the Stakeholder Committee, Governance Board and Executive Board;
- Collaborating with the French and Dutch office in the GO FAIR International Support and Coordination office GFISCO.