The FAIR Office Austria is a consortium of the three universities TU Wien, Graz University of Technology and the University of Vienna. The consortium members are all involved in the project FAIR Data Austria which is dedicated to implementing repositories and machine actionable data management plan tools at institutional level. The project also aims at establishing trained data stewards within Research Performing Organizations, thus supporting researchers in their process of integrating the FAIR principles into their activities. All consortium members are involved in global and national nodes of RDA and the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC). FAIR Office Austria was established in June 2021, see the news item announcing the office.
TU Wien, Center for Research Data Management, Favoritenstrasse 13, 1040 Vienna, Austria
Graz University of Technology, RDM Team, Brockmanngasse 84, 8010 Graz, Austria
University of Vienna, University Library, Universitätsring 1, 1010 Vienna, Austria
Barbara Sánchez Solís (contact), Head of Center for Research Data Management
Ilire Hasani-Mavriqi (contact), Head of Research Data Management Team at TU Graz
Sarah Stryeck (contact), Data Steward at TU Graz
Alexander Gruber (contact), Data Steward at TU Graz
Susanne Blumesberger (contact), Head of Department Repositorymanagement PHAIDRA-Services
Tereza Kalová (contact), Project Manager of Department Repositorymanagement PHAIDRA-Services
Main focus & activities
The FAIR Office Austria connects stakeholders from research communities and service providers, thus advancing the integration of the FAIR principles in research activities. It supports FAIR knowledge building and sharing of good implementation practices and engages all relevant parties such as research communities, e-infrastructures, Research Funding Organizations (RFOs), Research Performing Organizations (RPOs) and the ministerial level as a facilitator.
Within the general guidelines for involvement in GO FAIR at the country/region level, FAIR Office Austria commits to the following activities:
- Support the GO FAIR International Support & Coordination Office (GFISCO) and coordinate with other national/regional GO FAIR offices
- Facilitate involvement of Austrian stakeholders in GO FAIR Implementation Networks (INs)
- Inform local service providers about existing best practices in the fields of FAIR infrastructures and services (e.g. point to stakeholders who have already undergone repository certification processes)
- Advance automation and machine-operability, e.g. by promoting services like machine-actionable data management plans
- Actively engage in efforts to build a global repository of FAIR implementation profiles, and metadata schemas
- Engage in developing and implementing data stewardship models for Austrian RPOs, graduated to different sizes of the organizations
- Establish a network of FAIR reference points at Austrian RPOs to provide hands-on support to researchers
- Monitor FAIR related activities, data initiatives, infrastructures and services in Austria and thus be a recognized and reliable source of information for official national and international organizations
- Set up structural collaboration where appropriate and possible with national activities of the other three Data Together Partners CODATA, RDA and WDS
Visit the FAIR Office Austria website for more information on upcoming events!