Join the Virtual SciDataCon taking place from 18 to 28 October 2021!
The Virtual SciDataCon 2021 comprises sessions covering the following themes:
- FAIR: interoperability and reusability
- Implementing and Assessing FAIR
- Policy Implementation (Open Science and FAIR)
- Data Skills
- Data Stewardship
- Data Centres and Repositories
- Research Infrastructures
- Global Open Science Clouds, Platforms and Commons
- Data for the Sustainable Development Goals and Disaster Risk Reduction
- Data in Cross-Domain Research
- Data in the Earth Sciences
- Strategic Discussions about CODATA and WDS Initiatives
The event will start with a keynote and discussion on Monday 18 October (11:00-12:30 UTC) and will close with a panel discussion on Thursday 28 October (13:00-14:30) covering the themes of the conference and the role of CODATA and WDS in relation to current developments.
We would like to highlight the following sessions:
- 18 October, 3pm CEST: FAIR Digital Objects to Establish a Global & Interoperable Data Space
- 21 October, 1pm CEST: Update from the Global Commons
- 25 October, 4pm CEST: Data Together Activities Evaluating Landscape Mapping concepts for the SDGs
- 27 October, 1pm CEST: Certifying FAIR: The GO FAIR Foundation’s Pioneer Program to bootstrap community development of FAIR certification for events, people & technology
Registration is free. Just check out the programme and register for each session that you would like to attend.