On 22-23 October 2020 the International FAIR Convergence Symposium, co-organized by CODATA and GO FAIR, will take place both in Paris and virtually.
The International FAIR Convergence Symposium will provide a forum for advancing international and cross-domain convergence around FAIR. The event will bring together a global data community with an interest in combining data across domains for a host of research issues – including major global challenges, such as those relating to the Sustainable Development Goals or the COVID-19 pandemic. Outcomes will directly link to the CODATA Decadal Programme ‘Data for the Planet: making data work for cross-domain grand challenges’ and to the bottom-up developments of the GO FAIR community towards the Internet of FAIR data and services.
Participation is open to ALL researchers and data experts, particularly those with an interest in participating in the CODATA Decadal Programme and in the GO FAIR community.
The Call for Sessions as well as the Call for Posters and Lightning Talks is open now!
Submit your proposals for sessions by 20 July 2020: https://conference.codata.org/FAIRconvergence2020
Submit your proposals for posters and lightning talks by 21 August 2020: https://conference.codata.org/FAIRconvergence2020
All topics related to issues, challenges, convergence and consensus-building around FAIR are in scope. Four primary themes including examples are highlighted below:
CRISIS REDUCTION AND RESPONSE (learning from COVID-19 outbreak)
- Virus Outbreak Data Network
- COVID-19 initiatives on data exchange
- Balancing public good and individual freedom in disaster data
- Disaster Risk Reduction
- Infectious Disease (including (meta)data collection, description, analysis, modelling, etc.)
- Applying lessons from COVID-19 to other hazards
- Semantic interoperability
- FAIR vocabularies, FAIR metadata
- Certification of FAIR services (repositories, process)
- Legal challenges to tackle
- Systems analysis
- Core tools for cross-domain interoperability
- FAIR data objects applications
- FAIR for SDGs (including contributing to SDG data, scientific analysis of SDGs)
- Traditional knowledge, indigenous data and CARE
- Use cases of FAIR in business and industry
- Ethical dimensions of data, FAIR and open
- Smart, resilient and healthy cities
- Citizen science and the SDGs
- Policy monitoring: transportation, health, planning, and measuring economic impacts
Data stewardship: training and career opportunities
- Role of data stewardship centres in research institutions
- Data stewardship competences, skills and training
- Data stewardship career profiles and development
- Distributed learning on Federated Data train
Visit our dedicated symposium website for more information on the session types, poster and lightning talks and to submit your proposals!
The Symposium will be an innovative mixed virtual and in person event. As travel restrictions are likely to still be in place, the symposium offers virtual participation options for those of the international data community who will not be able to participate in person.