On 4-6 March 2020 the hackathon workshop Implémenter les principes FAIR à l’INRAE will take place in Paris.
This workshop is targeted at computer scientists and engineers of INRAE, and aims at setting the roots for a coordinated implementation of the FAIR principles in that institute. The workshop will be targeted at initiating guidelines to address the needs starting from general notions on FAIR to practical solutions to implement them.
On 4 March 2020 Erik Schultes, GO FAIR’s International Science Coordinator, will give a presentation about the GO FAIR initiative and an overview of existing tools and methodologies.
- Objectives of the workshop: The objective of the workshop is to collectively appropriate FAIR concepts and to consider organizational and technical solutions that meet the needs of the communities represented in CATIs and PEPIs.
- CATIs are groups that produce IT and services supporting identified scientific communities and requiring the integration of multiple IT skills to manage the entire process.
- PEPIs are communities made for sharing best practices and knowledge on various computing domains. Each PEPI is focused on a particular domain.
- Profiles of attendees: Most participants are IT experts. All have to manage data and/or code. Some are new to FAIR principles, some have a basic notion about the principles, and some already taking them into practice. They work on:
- Social & economics, agro-socio-eco-systems, plant selection, phenotyping, etc.
- Bioinformatics, Statistics, experimental and observation data, high throughput, omics, knowledge representation and integration, modelling, etc.
More information about the workshop here. Follow the event on Twitter using the hashtag #FAIRatINRAE.