Final programme overview is now available. Registration is now closed. If you planned to attend onsite and forgot to register, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Recordings of the events will be available shortly after the Symposium.
The co-organisers of the 2nd FAIR Convergence Symposium, CODATA and GO FAIR, agreed that this years’ edition will concentrate on smaller, high-priority, strategic and working meetings to encourage convergence on and implementation of FAIR, rather than convening a large open Symposium so soon after International Data Week and in the context of ongoing challenges for intercontinental travel.
Most of the meetings will be organised as hybrid events, allowing for both in-person and online participation.
The following meetings and events are being planned and should form the FAIR Convergence part of the week:
- Workshop convened by the CODATA International Data Policy Committee;
- Plenary meeting of WorldFAIR case studies, targeted in particular on outcomes of the FAIR Implementation Profile workshops organised as part of the project deliverables;
- Demo of FAIR Connect, an Open Access publishing platform for the development and dissemination of good practices for professional FAIR-Data stewardship;
- Report on the series of FAIR assessments of data and services of the ENVRI Research Infrastructures using FAIR Implementation Profiles and on its impact on the FAIRification roadmap of ENVRI-FAIR;
- In-person meeting of the Open Science Clouds Executives Roundtable (OSCER), a group of OSC executives convened following agreement to create such a group at the 1st FAIR Convergence Symposium;
- Meeting of Directors (and key staff) of the GO FAIR National Support Offices.
The above list is not exhaustive and other interactive and working meetings may be added to contribute to convergence on selected aspects of FAIR implementation.
Programme Overview and Registration
Final overview of the FAIR Convergence Symposium programme is available for download from here.
Most of the Symposium events are marked as Open sessions. To attend these events a registration should be completed at: https://bit.ly/FAIRConvergence2022Registration
Registration for in-person participation closed on 14 October, 12:00 (pm) CEST. If you missed the deadline and would wish to inquire about the possibility to join the Symposium onsite, please contact the CODATA Secretariat at email@example.com. Note that the capacity of the physical venue is full for some of the sessions.
Registration for virtual participation closed on 21 October, 12:00 (pm) CEST.
All sessions will be recorded and the recordings will be made available via CODATA Vimeo shortly after the event. Unless you plan to join the session virtually, please kindly leave the place to another colleague. There is no need to register to get access to the recordings.